Classroom Expectations

Classroom Expectations

Students are expected to:
Be prepared.  Pen or pencil, TI-83 or TI-84 graphing calculator is required* (not TI-85, TI-89 or Nspire please), and notebook each day.  A three-ring binder notebook is suggested.  If there is a “Warm-Up” given, please begin to work on it in the notebook section of your binder.  Otherwise, prepare to review homework.
Image result for ti technology points on package
     *If you purchase your graphing calculator prior to the first
      day of school, please save your receipts and look for the
      technology points (sample right) that are on the cardboard
      packaging to turn in to your teacher.

Keep up with your work.  LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!  If you will be absent due to an event (field trip, vacation, etc.), please see me ahead of time for your assignments or check the website to download any materials you may have missed.  It is your responsibility to complete all assignments and evaluations missed in your absence.

Study.  Successful completion of this course will only result from good study habits.  All notes and homework should be dated and labeled properly.  Each day’s notes should contain the daily objective and start at the top of the page.

Respect yourself and those in the classroom.  All of us have the right to learn and work to our potential in an environment in which we feel happy, safe and accepted.  No student will be permitted to interfere with the learning of the others.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Listen to directions the first time they are given.

Participate.  Take an active approach to learning.  Please raise your hand and wait to be recognized.

Ask Questions.  Do not be afraid.  We must work to make this a class in which everyone feels safe to take intellectual risks without fear of making mistakes or being made fun of.

Have fun :)

Infractions of items in the classroom guide will be handled in a progressive fashion.  The typical spiral will be student/teacher conference, detention/parent phone call, detention/parent conference and referral for administrative actions.  All rules regarding class credit will be dictated by the WWPHS attendance policy.  Each tardy, cut, and absence will be carefully documented and can be viewed in Genesis.  Do not risk the loss of credit!

I have set high expectations for you because I believe you can all be successful if you put forth the effort and believe in yourselves. 

Assessment & Grading Procedure

Students will be assessed based on performance on tests (65-100 pts.), quizzes (25-65 pts.), homework (2-5 pts.), and projects/special assignments (10-50 pts.).

Tests, quizzes, and projects will comprise 90% of the student’s grade.  The remaining 10% of your grade will be quick quizzes, homework, and classwork scores.

Extra Help

Avoid frustration and gain confidence by asking for extra help as soon as you are having difficulty.  I am available for help before school and during lunch, please notify me if you need help and when you would like to come.  DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE AN EVALUATION!!!  Help may not be available that day do to other commitments.

A student’s integrity is of the utmost importance at all times.  I am looking forward to working with you and having a productive year together!  Best of Luck!

Changes made to any of the above policies are made at the teacher’s discretion either verbally or written.  Review this form with your parent/guardian.  Thank you.